MW Architects is a young and growing Architectural firm based in the Historic downtown Herndon. We provide design services to various clients throughout the DC metro area and other locations throughout the US.
We are looking for someone with strong working knowledge in Revit. If you have any experience with 3d point clouds please make note of it. We are a multi discipline Architectural Firm that has a wide array of work from Residential to Commercial to Forensic Architecture.
We provide 50% paid healthcare, 7 paid holidays, offering four (10 hour) workdays with most Fridays off and flexible work schedules. We are currently working in person in office and if you are not comfortable in this current COVID environment please let us know so we can discuss remote work options.
For more information regarding MW Architects please click on the link. www.mwarchitects.com
The Architectural Designer / Drafter is responsible for the production of construction documents on REVIT. Additionally, the Architectural Designer / Drafter assists in project coordination and provides architectural services to the clients and other MW personnel as required. This position reports to the Architect.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare project construction drawings on REVIT.
- Coordinate to ensure all plan packages are complete (construction drawing sets, shop drawings. structural drawings, county’s cover sheets, etc.).
- Provide plan distribution to construction, purchasing, sales and marketing staff.
- Ensure timely publication of status reports.
- Maintain online REVIT documents.
- Adhere to project schedules.
- Prepare drawings in compliance with applicable building codes (i.e., 2018 IRC/IBC, 2018 VUSBC, some 2018 IRC experience preferred) and permit submittal requirements (for counties in and adjacent to Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia).
- Has s solid understanding of architectural details for single family, duplex, and townhome construction, some commercial understanding.
- Visit job site that have been damaged by fire or storm damage and investigate how to return the structure back to pre loss condition.
- Adhere to and promote the mission, vision, and values of MW Architects “Architecture with a scaled and constructive approach”
- Revit skills required.
- Working knowledge of 3d point clouds preferred but not required.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in single family construction drawings.
- Experience with taking design sketches through working drawings under the management of licensed Architect.
- High competency with MSOffice.
- 2-year associates degree preferred but not required.
- 4-year college degree preferred but not required.
- Team player with good organization and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and self-starter.
Please provide a well written cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org