Benefits day 1, 4% 401k match plus 2% annual employer contribution, quarterly incentive plan up to 8%, plus programs for fitness reimbursement, educational assistance, and employee assistance. Take your career to the next level and join us now!
Responsible for market segment strategies and tactics that deliver sustainable profitability and organic growth for our North American Plumbing and Electrical Pipe and Fittings product systems. Leverage industry insights, customer research, competitive benchmarking and market analysis to plan product road, identify innovation opportunities, and manage SKU level merchandising. Collaborate with customer facing and technical teams to link customer needs to product solutions.
- Develop product strategy, marketing collateral, ROI models, and product installation tools to optimally communicate the value of our pipe and fittings systems to customers in a manner that translates to segment growth.
- Determine appropriate product offerings and growth strategies for U.S. and Canadian markets and develop strategy for expanding historically Canadian offerings into the U.S.
- Lead macro level market and micro level customer research to identify unmet needs, pain points and under supported industry trends and draft opportunity assessments for product development to ideate solutions and create new products.
- Develop key execution tools to track KPI achievement, product line performance and effectiveness of engagement with key partners. Use data to rationalize SKUs and improve profitability.
- Drive product development projects in support of new business activities for NAPCO.
- Drive accountability and manage the overall success of existing and new product lines, as well as defining and tracking sales results for new product launches.
- Develop marketing tools focused on residential, low rise and high rise commercial plumbing and residential and municipal electrical and duct installers and specifiers while supporting distribution based sales
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Customer visits – Design firms, contractors and distributors as warranted evaluating market needs, opportunities and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate ‘owner,’ distributor and contractor ‘Voice of the Customer’ activities
- Full product management responsibility for all SKU’s for multiple product lines:
- Seek solutions that address customers’ most challenging PVC system needs
- Monitor competitor activities and drive competitive benchmarking activities
- Product specification review and approval
- Identify appropriate 3rd party Agency certifications required by market
- Track new product market acceptance, support investigation of field failures and other customer complaints
- Collaborate closely with technical team on new product development projects and provide market expertise:
- Investigate and identify new product development opportunities
- Prioritize projects based on strategic importance, ROI and payback
- Provide guidance to New Product Development Team, align launch timing with key sales milestones, using detailed project management scheduling to meet dates
- Provide detailed financial analyses on new product and capital procurement decisions
- Utilize NAPCO Stage-Gate development process; conduct post launch audits as scheduled to ensure product effectively met customer expectations.
- Lead concept fit to market need evaluation including customer testing and feedback.
- Provide direction to Marketing Communications personnel on development of collateral for social media, web and hard copy customer communications.
- Develop, maintain and update data including market size, market share, macro-economic drivers and trends, competitive analysis, customer/ channel strategy, product portfolio strategy, pull-through/demand generation activities, target customer value proposition and overall strategic goals and objectives for channel market share, sales and profitability.
- Partner with Marketing Communications and Specification Sales representatives to support development of new tools, decision calculators, master specifications and technical comparison guides to support product conversions and new business development opportunities
- Support the Pipe Business Unit Management in the exploration of new technologies, new market segments and possible partnership and acquisition opportunities
- Work in conjunction with NAPCO sales team to ensure sales and profitability objectives are met, marketing programs implemented and strategic goals obtained. Educate sales team on new product features and benefits, sales programs and tools, as well as results of competitive benchmarking activities
- Position NAPCO as the industry leader in pipe and fittings systems. Leverage innovations to capture market share and pull through standard products.
- Support the heads of Marketing, Technical and Operations in developing annual budgets
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or technical field w/ associated experience;
- Collaborative work experience with technical engineering teams, sales and operations
- 5 – 7 years of progressive marketing and product management experience.
- Demonstrated capability in planning, organizing, integrating and measuring programs and projects; strong problem solving, analytical and computer skills
- Must have the ability to work effectively and positively with all organizational levels, be proactive and an innovator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; flexible, able to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to travel – approximately 20 – 25%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators.
NAPCO, a Westlake company, is a leading polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe manufacturer in North America. Founded in 1992, NAPCO manufactures a broad range of gasketed, solvent welded, and restrained joint pipes for a diverse range of markets including municipal water and sewer, residential plumbing, water well, agricultural irrigation, turf and mining. NAPCO offers a broad range of standard and specialty piping, and fittings; including brands such as Certa-Lok®, Yelomine®, Certa-Set® and Certa-Flo®.
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at NAPCO, a Westlake Company, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.