National Association of State Departments of Agriculture International Trade Programs Internship
The National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is seeking highly motivated students who are interested in learning more about marketing and promotional activities in international export markets for U.S. agricultural products and commodities.
Who is NASDA?
NASDA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit association which represents the elected and appointed commissioners, secretaries, and directors of the departments of agriculture in all fifty states and four U.S. territories.
NASDA grows and enhances agriculture by forging partnerships and creating consensus to achieve sound policy outcomes between state departments of agriculture, the federal government, and stakeholders.
About the Internship
This internship is based in Arlington, VA. Schedule is flexible and will be determined pending the intern’s availability. All NASDA interns receive monthly stipends.
Internship Responsibilities Include:
• Manage data collection of NASDA’s trade show exhibitors, including inquiries, participation, and evaluations.
• Promote NASDA trade show activity with written and graphic content via NASDA’s social media channels and weekly newsletters.
• Assist in preparing materials for foreign buyers and U.S. exporters who participate in NASDA’s trade shows.
• Work with NASDA consultants contacting trade show exhibitors to register them for one-on-one export consulting sessions at the Miami and Chicago trade shows.
• Conduct market research to identify food and ag industry trends in international export markets.
• Assist with identifying and writing success stories about small and medium size food and ag exporters.
• Travel to major national food trade shows and organize meetings between exhibitors and an export consultant.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to prioritize work
• Interest in international business and agriculture is a plus
• Fall intern is required to travel to a major national food trade show in Miami, FL, November 2-3, 2020
• Spring intern is required to travel to a major national food trade show in Chicago, IL, May 15-18, 2021
• Ability to be very detailed oriented and provide excellent customer service to a wide range of companies and producers
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 letters of reference to Blake Ramsey at email@example.com. Please reference “NASDA International Trade Programs Internship” in the subject line. Application deadlines are as follows:
Apply by May 29, 2020
(January – May)
Apply by October 30, 2020