This is a 1 Year Service Position through AmeriCorps State & National
The National Nurse-Led Care Consortium has developed an AmeriCorps State Program to provide opioid outreach and education to community members and patients with opioid use disorder (OUD) within Philadelphia and surrounding counties. The goal of the program is to provide resources and connect patients to services in the area. This program will work with vulnerable populations that are disproportionally impacted by the opioid crisis.
- Provide outreach and education around opioid misuse to patients and their family members with the overall goal of decreasing opioid misuse in designated counties in Pennsylvania.
- Provide outreach and education to community members and patients with opioid use disorder and connect them to services.
- Help maximize coordination of health center resources, coordinate with community organizations to engage individuals impacted by the opioid crisis, and strengthen existing health center programs to expand resources to include opioid prevention.
- Conduct street and venue outreach, recruit, advocate, identify and address barriers to sustained adherence through education, screening, behavioral health service, and linkage to opioid use disorder treatment.
- Responsible for assisting patients in understanding and advocating for their health care needs, and navigating and accessing health and social services as necessary.
- Develop strategies for sustainable partnerships throughout the designated county in Pennsylvania, conduct outreach for at-risk individuals and their network.
- Provide educational workshops to community members and family circles and maintain data for case management of patients to sustain programming during this crisis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in public health, community development, or a related field of study.
- Experience with community outreach and social services
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Able to communicate in-person, in written communication through email and correspondence with team members and external partners
- Experience in working with members of underserved communities.