AmeriCorps Contact Tracers will support PDPH Community Health Nurses and Contact Tracing Staff by notifying exposed individuals (contacts are people who have come in close proximity of those who have been diagnosed with SARS-COV-2) of their potential exposure as rapidly and sensitively as possible, helping them quarantine, and facilitate follow-up communications. AmeriCorps members may also help to manage volunteer groups, facilitating regional and local partnership convenings, and liaising with local communities around contact tracing activities.
Members will rotate between service modules throughout their year including 1) contact tracing, isolation and quarantine support with PDPH or Public Health Management Corporation 2) Food access support at a food share program 3) service at a local health center
This program is in collaboration with the Philadelphia Department of Public Health and the National Nurse-Led Care Consortium.
Funding for the program is pending and will be confirmed by November 30th, 2020.
Member Duties Include:
• Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients.
• Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
• Collect and record information about signs and symptoms into the PDPH disease surveillance system.
• Provide contacts with approved information about Philadelphia and Pennsylvania quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or social service resources.
• Contact tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop. They are not permitted to deviate from the script or provide information that is not included in the script.
• Maintain daily contact with supervisor.