National Real Estate Advisors is looking for an experienced, motivated Real Estate Analyst to join our friendly team, based in Washington, DC. National provides a challenging, rewarding and supportive work environment, along with robust benefits and career growth potential.
Real Estate Analyst Overview: Conduct detailed commercial real estate market and competitive position research, financial and statistical analyses and report preparation and assembly to support business operations and achieve expected returns on investments.
With at least one but typically less than three years of relevant, full-time analyst experience, support acquisition, development, and operations, including financing and disposition due diligence and closing requirements to assess the current and projected performance of properties in support of National’s Investment and Portfolio & Asset Management departments
- Conduct detailed commercial real estate market and competitive position research, financial and statistical analyses and report preparation and assembly to support business operations.
- Prepare due diligence records, including final pro forma, property valuation files, and third-party reports for record retention.
- Provide analytical support for acquisition, financing, restructuring, hold/sell scenarios, and dispositions.
- Perform a variety of financial modeling techniques to implement plans and budgets consistent with National’s development, acquisition, financing, leasing, operating, and disposition strategies. Prepare ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Use MS Excel-based financial models in support of evaluating and underwriting prospective equity and debt investments.
- Assist asset managers in analyzing, monitoring, and managing specific investments from closing through the final investment disposition process, including construction draw processing and reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial analysis/modeling at the portfolio level, including preparing the necessary documents/reports for review by senior associates in Portfolio & Asset Management, Performance Reporting and Investor Relations groups.
- Develop analytical tools as requested, including refining reports from researched material and/or data collected to evaluate and report on the primary characteristics of its portfolios under management.
· Periodic overnight travel is required on an as needed project-specific basis.
- Uphold meticulous recordkeeping practices.
- Incorporate environmental, social and governance dimensions in daily business activities and decision-making.
· Bachelor’s degree with coursework in real estate, finance, economics, mathematics, and accounting or computer systems is required; a graduate degree is preferred. A minimum of one year full-time relevant analyst experience is strongly preferred.
· Self-motivation and a proactive demonstration of initiative to maximize “on-the-job” training opportunities.
· Must be highly detailed and possess excellent financial, mathematical and statistical skills and can often work with complex databases and/or quantitative tools with proficiency and accuracy for extended periods of time. Must have a strong work ethic and remain committed to meeting deadlines.
· Solid analytical and critical thinking skills and effective verbal and written communication; have the ability to attempt to understand and appropriately articulate financial considerations, market demand, project feasibility, financing, and environmental considerations related to sound investments.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required; knowledge of real estate analysis software such as Argus is required in addition to Power Point, Outlook and Word.
· This position requires applicants to be authorized to work in the United States.
This job primarily operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. It is a sedentary role in a professional environment; however, incumbent is required to regularly walk, sit, talk and/or hear, reach with hands and arms.
The work environment and physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employee in this position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at National will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. National does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law