Summer 2021 – Primary Research Analyst Internship
Navigate is a trusted advisor to leading brands and organizations in sports and entertainment.
Founded on best-in-class research, data and analytics, we guide strategies and decisions for the largest leagues, teams, brands, networks, and universities in the world.
· Navigate is seeking a research analyst intern to assist with all phases of research projects, both primary and secondary. May include:, participation in internal brainstorming sessions, questionnaire design, survey programming/checking, monitoring and providing updates on survey response, data analysis and report creation/data visualization. Through data analysis, the intern will learn the basics of finding trends and develop storytelling skills to turn complex data into easily digestible reports.
· The research analyst intern will also conduct secondary research to support proposal creation, sponsorship impact studies, category analysis and ad hoc client reporting through the utilization of Navigate’s internal resources and data subscriptions as well as external resources, including new data searches and interviews
· Stay abreast of trends and best practices in sports, analytics, data visualization, research and consumer behavior and evaluate their relevance to Navigate. Additionally, learn and analyze how consumer habits are changing in a post-COVID world
· Suggest and direct your own thought leadership research that Navigate will use to educate key stakeholders both internally and externally
· Interns are responsible to take ownership of one self-identified project outside of their typical duties, research and create a report to present to Navigate towards end of internship
· College or Grad School Student in pursuit of a degree in Marketing, Psychology, Statistics, Sports Management, or related field with strong research emphasis/interest
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Desire to learn and grow professionally in the sports and entertainment industry
· Self-motivated and able to thrive without being micromanaged
· Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to continually develop one’s skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/PPT
What We Offer:
· Course Credit
· Flexible schedule
· Fun, relaxed, and welcoming work environment
· Strong networking and career search support
· The opportunity to learn and develop sponsorship expertise
· Weekly interaction and mentorship from members of leadership team
· Opportunity to work on projects with Fortune 500 brands, professional sports leagues and teams, NCAA athletic departments and collegiate conferences, and major television networks
Program Start Date: May/June 2021
Internal Application Link: