See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2024 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Summer 2024 Recruitment Timeline:
November 13 – December 8: Applications Open (may close early due to applicant volume)
Mid November – Late December: First round video interviews
Mid – Late January: Second round interviews
Late January – February: Selected candidates receive offers
Summer 2024 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: December 8th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!
- Program Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2024
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Format: Opportunities listed will require an intern to work from the New York office 3-5 days per week.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
The Entertainment Group develops and schedules the network’s primetime, late-night, and daytime entertainment programming, including USA, SYFY, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, and Universal Kids. NBC’s quality programs and balanced line-up have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards and ratings success, including most recently winning the traditional September-to-May season in primetime’s key demo, marking the network’s third win in four years. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Entertainment Photography: Support East Coast Photo Producers and Post-Production Manager, perform basic photo editing – reviewing photographer unit/episodic coverage and gallery for best images, assist w/post-production process – sort selects from wide edits and caption talent in all photos, sort full photo content into BTS, PULLAWAYS and PLATES folders, perform photo requests for specific search parameters, and work any in-person events, running cards from photographers to editors
- Late Night Digital Design: Most often developing premium quality original artwork and marketing designs using Photoshop and Illustrator, to be used on multiple different platforms (including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and nbc.com), occasionally developing motion graphics pieces (intro/titles, lower thirds, transitions, subtitles, animated typography, etc), communicate and present design concepts, deliver engaging and high-quality creative assets for all digital platforms, develop strong relationships with our Design, User Experience, Creative, Marketing and Project Teams to ensure quality deliverables, budgets, and timelines are met, establish and maintain digital brand style guide parameters for assigned series
- Marketing Cable Creative & Production: The Marketing Cable Creative & Production team supports design projects for all 6-cable entertainment brands: USA, SYFY, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, and Universal Kids. Design projects range from static key art to motion graphics for promo packages. This team also supports the design and art direction for marketing event and custom activation for show launches. This is an opportunity to gain hands on experience as well as learn how a creative & design group operate within NBCUniversal entertainment brand
- Oxygen & SYFY Creative: Assist in the long-term process of the end-to-end process of consumer facing key arts, network branding, media buys and internal communications, day-to-day responsibilities will often include resizing existing approved artwork in photoshop to meet the needs of detailed specs, templates and varied criteria. Other duties may include working with After Effects toolkits to render out high quality deliverables
- USA & Universal Kids Design: Contribute to the initial design process of new show creative, including brainstorms, mood boards, typography exploration, logo design, motion graphics and more with the potential of their contributions being selected for the campaign, ideate and execute designs for our social media feeds, use Photoshop and After Effects to help us to execute a full spectrum of digital assets needed for each show as it travels across the online marketplace
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Interest in typography, branding and layout, publicity and/or marketing preferred
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects), AVID, DAM systems a plus.
- Experience with vector manipulation, photo editing, Photoshop manipulation, animation, video editing, and typography layout.
- Strong working knowledge of social platforms: Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube and Instagram.
- Core understanding of designing for Mobile, Social and emerging digital platforms required (which could include app design, EST work, web design, VR, etc).
- Potential majors include Motion, Visual or Interactive Design.
- Passion for entertainment and pop culture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Highly organized and eager to learn everything photo related.
The hourly rate for student interns is $17.00.