Position: Application Software Engineer
The Application Software Engineer is responsible for creating 3D graphics, the robot’s user interface and anatomical visualizations. Your graphics and algorithm expertise will be used to improve our surgical planning suite, display complex medical images and information, automatically find morphology in CT images, and much more. You will work with other world-class software, hardware, electronics, and mechanical design engineers from the top engineering schools.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs
- Design, code, and debug new and existing UI and application software
- Write well-designed, testable code and unit tests for that code
- Maintain, upgrade, and improve the performance of existing application software
- Perform design and code reviews of code developed by your peers
- Generate and execute test protocols and create test reports
- Investigate software-related complaints and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance
Knowledge & Skills Required
- BS or higher degree in Mathematics or a related field
- 1 to 7 years of strong experience in object oriented software design and implementation.
- Very strong C/C++ coding skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with user interface design for software applications
- Familiarity with computer graphics, linear algebra, and core image visualization concepts
- Experience with documenting and testing software applications
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage uncertainty, push the limits, and think like an owner
- Experience with VTK/ITK or other visualization libraries preferred
- Familiar with CT scan images and DICOM protocol standards preferred
- Experience with computer vision or image processing preferred
- Experience with Machine Learning preferred
- Experience with robot control, including FK and IK technologies preferred
- Familiarity with agile methodologies preferred
- Experience with medical device software preferred
- Familiarity with FDA regulations preferred
- Start-up experience preferred
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment and may require field work in a clinical setting or manufacturing facility.
- This position requires the regular use of the Yomi robot
- Prolonged periods working on a computer
- Ability to lift/push/carry items up to 20 pounds
- Frequent exposure to moderate noise common to an office environment
Position Type and Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
This position requires up to 5% travel. Occasionally travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.