About the Position
Neocis is a venture-backed start-up company based in South FL developing the next generation of robotic surgery systems. The team has a successful track record in robotic surgery and includes a team of world-class engineers with backgrounds from MIT, Caltech, and Georgia Tech. The company has received FDA clearance following a successful clinical study and is preparing for successful commercialization. It is a ground-floor opportunity to get experience with a high-tech company that is poised to revolutionize surgery.
Neocis is looking for a robot control software engineer to contribute significantly to the core design. You will be responsible for software design and development of a real-time robot controller, verification and validation testing for safety and reliability and support and contribute to intellectual property development. You will work with cross-functional teams including software and electrical engineers and marketing as well as clinicians and clinical staff.
We seek a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of real-time robot control software design with an emphasis on reliability and safety.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- C/C++ programming experience
- Experience with documenting and testing electro-mechanical systems
- eam player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage uncertainty, push the limits, and think like an owner
Additional desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience writing device drivers and working with embedded systems
- Experience with medical devices
- Familiarity with FDA regulations
- Start-up experience