Position: Mechanical/Robotics Engineer – Mechatronics
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing, testing, and releasing cutting-edge surgical robotic systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the design and development of revolutionary robotic surgical systems
- Execute product characterizations, verifications, and validations
- Participate in cross-departmental collaboration for project development and market introduction of new products
- Coordinate with suppliers to procure both off-the-shelf and custom designed electro-mechanical components
- Document product development activities through engineering notebooks, drawings, and protocol testing reports
- Understand and follow applicable quality and safety procedures per regulatory standards and internal procedures
Knowledge & Skills Required
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software
- Strong understanding of currently available robotic components, including motors and encoders
- Proficient with design for manufacturing and materials choices
- Experience with documenting and testing electro-mechanical systems
- Team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage uncertainty, push the limits, and think like an owner
- Experience with medical devices preferred
- Familiarity with FDA regulations preferred
- Start-up experience preferred
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office/manufacturing /clinical environment.
- This position requires the regular use of CMMs and machining equipment, and occasional use of CBCT scanners
- Prolonged periods working on a computer.
- Ability to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent exposure to moderate noise
Position Type and Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
This position requires up to 10% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.