The successful candidate will join the Currency Team to work as a Currency Analyst with our currency portfolio managers. Main responsibilities will include accurate implementation of strategies, trade generation and trading. We are seeking a meticulous individual with extremely high attention to details. The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate high motivation and a strong desire to grow professionally within the currency and fixed income team. Prior experience within currency trading / buy side currency management is preferred; we believe this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to build upon their experience in a demanding but rewarding environment. Experience required: 0 to 2 years.
- Portfolio implementation: implementation and monitoring of return seeking and hedging currency strategies across currency overlay, share classes and global fixed income portfolios.
- Trading: execution of active and hedging currency strategies across portfolios. Efficient and timely execution in the market of currency trades: spot, currency outrights, currency swaps, other.
- Perform frequent portfolio rebalancing and adjustments. Accurate management of inflows and outflows in portfolios.
- Co-ordinate with performance and marketing teams in production of materials for client presentations.
- Liaise with middle office, client service, IT and operations for currency and fixed income related activities.
- Assisting portfolio managers with commentaries when required. Good overview of financial markets and macroeconomic trends is essential.
- Opportunity (at a later stage) to increase responsibility on the portfolio management side and to play a role in the research and trade idea generation processes.
- Ad-hoc duties as required, including but not limited to presentation preparation, reporting, assisting with team queries and resolution.
- University Degree in Economics or Finance is essential.
- Excellent quantitative skills strongly preferred.
- Advanced skills within Excel, PowerPoint and VBA essential.
- Attention to details and accuracy is critical.
- A highly motivated team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with a proven ability to deliver work product to the highest of standards within a dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
- A motivated self-starter with demonstrated experience of working independently and as part of a global team.
- Series 7 and Series 66 (or 63 and 65) licenses, and/or ability to obtain the necessary licenses once in the role is essential within a given timeframe.
- Knowledge of market dynamics, liquidity and trading practices.
- Familiar with electronic trading platforms (FX Connect, FXall, other) and prior trading currencies experience (buy side) is desirable.
- Good understanding of the global fixed income market/ securities.
- Theoretical knowledge of currency instruments.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg.
- Knowledge of Blackrock Aladdin is desirable.
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.