Neuro Medical Care Associates, a private Neurology practice located in Vestal, New York, is seeking to fill a full-time professional position with either a nurse practitioner or physician assistant. The candidate, acting within professional boundaries, will provide care for presenting patients from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the practice.
- demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process.
- prioritize health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations including initiation of effective emergency care.
- collaborate with the practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures.
- be able to accommodate various hours which may include weekends, evenings and/or holidays in the hospital and office/clinic setting.
- be willing to relocate.
Qualifications and Skills
- Required license or certification: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Must have no restrictions to practice in the State of New York
- Experience in the field of neurology is not required. On the job training can be provided.