COMMUNICATIONS INTERN POSITION
Reports To: Director of Community Engagement
Commitment: Part Time (~15-20 hours/week) // Combination of In-person & remote
Term: September-December 2021
- Solicit, produce & edit written copy social media posts, newsletter, website, student/staff highlights & event recaps
- Capture & coordinate imagery for social media posts, newsletter, website, student/staff highlights & event recaps
- Create materials/graphics/videos that help with communication needs
- Provide reports and make recommendations based on analytics (website, social media, newsletter)
- Logging/organizing photo assets
- Perform administrative tasks and other items as assigned in order to meet the mission of the school
- Experience real world application of your skills and interests
- Connect and network with professionals in your field
- Work as part of a team
- Receive feedback and opportunities to reflect on your work
- Professional development & mentorship
- Make a difference in the lives of Philadelphia students and families
Communications Interns at New Foundations Charter School are expected to:
- Have a passion for and have experience in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or another related field
- Alumni of NFCS a plus, but not required
- Have experience with social media and digital communications
- Demonstrate good time management & show attention to detail
- Be creative and excited to learn & contribute
- Possess an ability to work independently
All staff at New Foundations Charter School are expected to:
- Embrace our mission and embody our vision for New Foundations’ future;
- Model our core values of being student-focused, serving our community and consistently engaging in solutions-oriented and caring conversations;
- Become a member of the school community, building strong relationships and being highly engaged;
- Welcome the opportunity to be constantly challenged to grow, learn and improve;
- Demonstrate role model mentality in all interactions and activities;
- Have a track record of success and achievement within an environment of limited resources.
Employees that have a professional and personal dedication to student achievement and the school community are the single most important factor to the success of the New Foundations Charter School mission and vision.
Our Mission: The mission of the New Foundations Charter School is to provide students with the academic, social, and emotional foundations and skills necessary to become high-achieving, socially competent stewards of their communities. The teachers and staff of New Foundations Charter School will ensure a commitment to lifelong learning and achievement of all of our students by creating an atmosphere of caring that pervades every aspect of school life and promotes responsibility for all members of our school community.
Our Vision for Impact: In 2019, New Foundations embarked on an ambitious five year strategic plan. The Strategic Plan’s “Vision for Impact” is that by June 2025, New Foundations will provide daily opportunities for all students to engage in rigorous academic preparation, integrated and well-rounded character development, and inclusive and expansive specials and extracurricular activities that prepare them for individualized post-secondary success.