New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students ages 5 through 21 experiencing social, emotional and behavioral challenges. As an alternate education placement, we work closely with families, school districts and other professionals to create individualized program unique to each student.
New story is searching for a qualified School Nurse LPN or RN preferred who will be responsible to oversee and implement the health program and provide nursing services in the school programs. The Nurse focuses on the needs of both the individual student and program setting and is responsible for the delivery of health services including the medication management program and advocating for the health right of children.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Collaborate with personnel, families, and other members of the team to develop an individualized health plan consistent with medical needs of the child as well as collect and ensure medical history, physical exams and vaccinations are current for students.
· Administer prescribed medications and monitor the effectiveness of the medications.
· Maintain medication administration records including, but not limited to, date and time administered, current count for all medications, date medications received, returned and destroyed medications. Document errors and communicate this information with appropriate program personnel, parents or guardians.
· Manage medical emergencies and provide first aid care as needed.
· Oversee the use of emergency medication such as inhalers and provide training to designated personnel in the use of emergency medications including, safe handling and storage.
· Develop and conduct health programs to students.
Qualifications and Skills:
The Ideal candidate will have:
· Current license by the commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience providing nursing services to children.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive:
· Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
· Employee discount program
· Rewards Program (Which allows you to earn points to purchase items)
· 401k options and paid school holidays
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about New Story Schools, benefits and Careers please visit our website: