At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized postdoctoral fellow to provide key scientific support to a team of scientists conducting translational research in hematology, blood disorders and stem cell biology. You would be responsible for planning, conducting and analyzing cutting-edge independent scientific research in the laboratory.
- Conduct and design independent research under the direction of lab Principle Investigator (PI)
- Performing cell culture, genomic analysis, ELISA assays, histology, flow cytometry and other molecular bench work
- Processing human and murine tissues
- Managing laboratory resources, ordering reagents and other lab supplies as needed.
- Managing mouse colonies, including genotyping
- Summarize experimental data timely and assist in drafting figures, results, and methods for publication under the direction of the PI
- Lead junior research assistants/technicians/students.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of the present scientific literature relating to the research in the laboratory.
- Presenting research findings to other members of the laboratory
A doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or a related field is required. Must have hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, mouse handling, flow cytometry, and PCR analysis. Expertise with immunohistochemistry, histology, microscopy, small animal procedures, genetic mouse models, ELISA assays and other molecular biology assays would be desired.
The ideal candidate would be a quick-learner, who is able to follow new protocols, provide suggestions for improvement and multi-task experiments in a fast paced environment. Good laboratory technique, superior problem-solving, organizational, oral/written communication skills are required. We are looking for a team player who can work well with others within the laboratory and at NYBC.