New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA)
Title: Development Intern
Status: 2-3 days per week (15-18 hours per week)
Start Date: Around January 18, 2021
End Date: Around April 30, 2021
Compensation: college credit available
PLEASE NOTE: This position will be fully remote, working from home until otherwise indicated.
The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) seeks a development intern who will acquire professional experience and understanding of the operations of a nonprofit development department, while assisting with event planning and fundraising initiatives.
· Assisting with preparations for our annual Hall of Fame benefit and other online fundraising and cultivation activities.
· Assisting staff with preparations and event operations for the Hall of Fame benefit on March 18th.
· Providing support for grant writing and reporting, and conducting foundation research
· Producing acknowledgement letters and other donor communications
· Maintaining accurate donor records
· Providing support for the spring wave of the Annual Appeal
· Collaborating with development team to brainstorm and implement ideas to cultivate, support, and steward new and existing donors who are passionate about our work.
· Providing general administrative support to the development team, and other duties as needed
Candidates should possess an interest and skill-set that includes:
· Knowledge of arts and culture/non-profit organizations, particularly development/fundraising preferred, but not required
· Prior experience cataloging artwork – strongly preferred
· Event planning experience a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Basic graphic design experience a plus
· Self-motivated, exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, very detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Development Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.