Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-funded company in hyper-growth mode and grow your career with the company. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be part of the accounting team to run the day to day accounting functions, participate in month-end close, and implement accounting policies and procedures. You’ll be participating in the development of tools, processes and procedures to allow the company to scale. The duties of the position will require application of accounting experience and financial analysis skill.
- Work with offshore consulting team to handle and oversee full-cycle accounts payable process, including processing invoices, ensuring proper approvals and sufficient support, proper coding of GL accounts.
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end close, including accruals, prepaids, intercompany entries and account reconciliations.
- Record fixed assets and depreciation/amortization in accordance with accounting policies.
- Process expense reimbursement and corporate card transactions.
- Support compliance and regulatory filings with local, state, and federal government tax reporting requirements
- Contribute to the budget and forecast review process.
- Support international accounting and compliance.
- Follow policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with internal and external company’s audits.
- Assist with year-end 1099 preparation and verification.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects.
- Assist operating business units with accounting and reporting related matters.
- Handle projects to increase efficiencies and continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting, or other relevant field.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility, preferably at a rapidly growing tech company.
- Public CPA firm experience preferred.
- Experience with the financial close process .
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, experience in Technical and Operational accounting.
- Strong system skills with ERP systems as well as Microsoft Office products.
- High degree of reliability and integrity.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
One of our core values is ‘Play as a Team’; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next’s policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.