Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Strategy & Technology
Strategy and Technology lays the path for Nokia’s future technology innovation and identifies the most promising areas for Nokia to create new value. We set the company’s strategy and technology vision, offer an unparalleled research foundation for innovation, and provide critical support infrastructure for Nokia.
Currently enrolled in Master’s/PhD programs in EE/CS departments, with preferably background on networks and wireless technologies.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Emerging, cutting-edge 5G-advanced and 6G technologies, networks and use cases.
- Deep insights into the requirements of new services such as industrial AR/VR, holographic video and digital twins.
- How 5G networks will evolve towards 6G and the impact of new spectrum bands such as THz channels.
- How the networks of the future are architected to deliver emerging 6G use cases.
As part of our team, you will:
- Gain understanding of Nokia strategic objectives and relationship to internship project
- Engage in dialogue, do appropriate research in domains of interest, and expand domain knowledge
- Identify and implement quantitative techniques for performance analysis of 6G networks and understand how the networks of the future can address the requirements of new emerging 5G-advanced and 6G use cases.
- Implement appropriate models and prepare presentation to share findings
What is Nokia looking for from me
- Demonstrate intellectual abilities to frame complex problems relevant to Nokia
- Contribute in development of quantitative approaches utilizing the latest computational techniques, e.g., algorithms and libraries in Matlab, Python.
- Demonstrate communication and presentation skills in explaining complex topics in short, cohesive, and engaging manner
- Background (e.g. taken graduate courses) on communication networks and wireless communication technologies.
- Evidence of conducting successful studies with minimal supervision
- Any publications or presentations relevant to the topics of the internship.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in telecommunications and digitalization technology
- Working towards your Master’s/PhD thesis in the areas of wireless communications technologies and networks.
Why we’re awesome
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Summer 2022!!!
“The intern program at Nokia is truly designed to give students all the support and guidance we need to excel in our professional careers. Working at Nokia as a software developer Co-op, I was able to learn and grow with the guidance of mentors from across the company through a multitude of research, development, and leadership opportunities. It was exciting to be able to contribute to real-world projects and apply my previous experiences to new domains, especially since the Nokia work culture encourages innovation and creativity. I’ve made lifelong connections and skills through my time here, and I’m so grateful to have been a part of the Nokia team!” – Mara Hubelbank, Former Nokia Co-op student, Spring – Summer 2021
Follow and engage with us on social media:
Chat with our Nokia insiders to ask questions and learn more about us!