Do you want to change the world?
Do you want to invent the future?
Are you looking for meaningful real-world experience?
Then Nokia Bell Labs, the Nobel Prize winning research organization, is for you. We are currently accepting applications for our intern program.
Nokia Bell Labs is building the future – connecting all humans, all senses, all things, all systems, all infrastructure, all processes. Discovering the possibilities that shape the human experience are at the heart of everything we do. Our interns will have the opportunity to learn from and work with industry leading experts, and the best and brightest minds, who solve the most formidable challenges confronting our world through disruptive innovation and research.
Projects for the 2021 internship cover technologies such as 5G&6G, augmented intelligence, smart devices, IoT, data analytics, robotics, AI, cloud technologies and more…
As well as providing hands-on educational and collaborative experiences for a pool of talented and highly motivated students, our internship program will expand your field of study by exposing you to an unparalleled diversity of people, expertise and perspectives. In classic Bell Labs style, you will leave changed forever by an experience that will redefine your future.
This internship is for a role in the Data Science & Analytics team within the Bell Labs Consulting organization. The charter of Bell Labs Consulting group is to focus on helping global operators and enterprises to connect deep technology advances to critical financial decisions. The group helps customers transform themselves through innovations in digitalization, automation and cloud migration pushing into the realm of the 4th Industrial Revolution to fundamentally transform the way humans and machines communicate. The data science and analytics group has core competencies in exploratory & predictive analytics, leveraging state-of-the-art tools and platforms using opensource frameworks such as R, Python and Tensorflow.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Researching and developing AI/ML techniques for specific usecases to address automation in operations for increased productivity or improved customer experience. Focus will be auto ML techniques for faster lifecycle in analytics usecase development.
- Research and development on platforms and frameworks that enable agile deployment and operationalization of ML modules for big data.
- Techniques to support federated data stores and learnings relevant for an edge cloud architecture deployment.
- Pursuing MS or PhD degree in Data Science or Computer Science
- Experience with data mining, imputations techniques, algorithms for data science, statistical inference and modeling, machine learning
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques, advance Machine learning algorithms (both supervised & unsupervised)
- Deep learning and Reinforcement learning exposure is highly valued
- Experience in data visualization using R, Python or Tableau
- Experience with R, Python, Julia and/or other open-source platforms
- Strong mathematical modeling skills; can effectively collect and analyze data, and develop and modify analytics models
- Ability to draw conclusions from data analysis and communicate findings using compelling visualizations
- Fundamental professional skills with good listening skills, presentation craft and consultative style
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
Overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 or above.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident preferred.
Education Requested: Must be pursuing a degree in Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, Business Modeling, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology, Nanotechnology, Operations Research, Physics, Statistics, Systems Engineering and Telecommunications from an accredited college/university.