Do you want to change the world?
Do you want to invent the future?
Are you looking for meaningful real-world experience?
Then Nokia Bell Labs, the Nobel Prize winning research organization, is for you. We are currently accepting applications for our intern program.
Nokia Bell Labs is building the future – connecting all humans, all senses, all things, all systems, all infrastructure, all processes. Discovering the possibilities that shape the human experience are at the heart of everything we do. Our interns will have the opportunity to learn from and work with industry leading experts, and the best and brightest minds, who solve the most formidable challenges confronting our world through disruptive innovation and research.
Projects for the 2021 internship cover technologies such as 5G&6G, augmented intelligence, smart devices, IoT, data analytics, robotics, AI, cloud technologies and more…
As well as providing hands-on educational and collaborative experiences for a pool of talented and highly motivated students, our internship program will expand your field of study by exposing you to an unparalleled diversity of people, expertise and perspectives. In classic Bell Labs style, you will leave changed forever by an experience that will redefine your future.
This internship is for a role in the Macroeconomic models’ team within the Bell Labs Consulting organization. The charter of Bell Labs Consulting group is to focus on helping global operators and enterprises to connect deep technology advances to critical financial decisions. The group helps them transform themselves through innovations in digitalization, automation and cloud migration pushing into the realm of the 4th Industrial Revolution to fundamentally transform the way humans and machines communicate.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Identify the key accelerators and inhibitors of these technologies to help develop strategies and economic models to accelerate their adoption.
- Address new industry trends and business models enabled by key emerging technologies – 5G, Edge Cloud, Network as a Platform/Service, etc. – for enterprises, service providers, webscales, and Nokia.
- Enrolled in Master’s/PhD/MBA programs in business/economics with undergraduate specialization in engineering/technology
- Strong mathematical modeling skills; can effectively collect and analyze data, and develop and modify excel or analytic models
- Ability to draw conclusions from data analysis and communicate findings using compelling visualizations
- Fundamental professional skills with good listening skills, presentation craft and consultative style
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
Overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 or above.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident preferred.
Education Requested: Must be pursuing a degree in Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, Business Modeling, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology, Nanotechnology, Operations Research, Physics, Statistics, Systems Engineering and Telecommunications from an accredited college/university.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.