Title: Software Engineer
Nokomis Inc. is a high technology research and development company located just south of Pittsburgh, PA. We work hand in hand with organizations such as the U.S Military, DARPA, NASA, the DOE, and the DOD. We have won several phase I, phase II, and phase III SBIR’s, and have been awarded numerous additional contracts as well.
We are currently hiring software engineers and programmers to work as part of a team with diverse talents and skills. This candidate will assist in the development of the latest cutting-edge technology and should be comfortable handling multiple projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintain WPF and WinForms GUIs.
• Perform version control of all software under his or her purview.
• Perform unit testing and systems level testing of software systems that communicate over the network.
• Document software using doxygen, C# comments and text documents.
• Perform configuration management of software systems as required by Nokomis and Nokomis’ customers.
Qualifications and Skills
• C++ (11, 14, 17)
• C# (WPF, oxyplot)
• Build systems (Visual Studio, Eclipse, CMake)
• Object oriented programming (templates, interfaces, polymorphism)
• Algorithm development
• Multi-threaded programming
• TCP-IP networking (Berkley sockets, boost ASIO)
• Serialization (YAML, JSON, strings)
• Data processing and analysis
• Experience with databases (MySQL, SQLite)
• Unit testing and systems level testing
C++: 2 years (required)
C#: 1 year
Visual Studio: 1 year
Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering or related field with 3 years relevant work experience OR Master’s Degree in related field