2022 Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program – San Francisco
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Investment Banking in the Americas
The Americas Investment Banking Division (IBD) provides a vast array of advisory, financing, and solutions capabilities to corporations, institutions and governments around the world. Our global teams consist of experienced professionals who act as advisory, coverage, and product specialists.
- M&A: Advisory services pertaining to mergers, acquisitions, and strategic assignments
- Coverage: Industry coverage in areas including Consumer / Retail, Technology / Media / Telecoms, Industrials, and Financial Sponsors
About Our Summer Analyst Program
Nomura is seeking intellectually curious and driven students to join the Firm as Summer Analysts on our Investment Banking Team. The Summer Analyst Program runs for ten weeks, with a one-week intensive training course, followed by a nine-week placement within an Investment Banking group.
We aim to provide Summer Analysts with the same amount of exposure as a first-year Analyst, with hands-on opportunities to participate as full members of the team and extensive contact with Nomura professionals at all levels. Throughout the program, Summer Analysts will participate in business-led discussion groups, networking events, and speaker sessions. All Analysts will also be paired with both a junior and senior mentor to provide guidance and support throughout the internship.
This program is an integral component of our full-time recruiting and at the end of the summer we will extend offers to top performers to return to Nomura after graduation.
What Role Might You Play?
- Deal Execution: You will work closely with clients and execution teams on live transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, capital raisings, financings, and derivative transactions
- Client Relationship Management: You can expect to generate and present ideas at client meetings as a member of a deal team alongside senior bankers
- Strategic Analysis: Through financial, structural and business risk analysis, you will support transactions and client presentations
- New Business Development: You will actively participate in the effort to pitch and win new mandates from clients, leverage proprietary content and ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent analytic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and an eagerness to learn on the fly
- Enthusiasm for both quantitative-driven and qualitative-focused situations
- Ability to develop understanding of financial products
- Eagerness to learn and work hard as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- Carries out responsibilities with a diverse and inclusive mindset
- Outstanding academic qualifications; strong GPA
- Pursuing a BA/ BS degree from an accredited college/ university, graduating between December 2022 and June 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close in September 2021. Applying early is encouraged.
Please Note – You may only apply to one internship opportunity per division, location and recruiting year.
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer