Position Title: Mechanical Engineer for Wireless Power Solutions
Experience: BS Mechanical Engineering with 0-5 years relevant experience required, MS ME preferred
Location: Chicago, IL USA Company Headquarters
Role Description: NuCurrent is looking for a Mechanical Engineer for Wireless Power Solutions who is motivated to work closely with a talented and diverse engineering group to drive mechanical design of system integration with electrical and software engineers, provide advanced thermal analysis techniques and strategy, and test to deliver end customer products. The candidate will work very closely with senior electrical hardware, electromagnetics, software, and mechanical engineers to design and bring custom designs up from scratch, and exhibit strong cultural values that put the customer first, go beyond the standard, show strong ownership, innovate further, and show strong people skills.
Company Description: NuCurrent is a leading technology and IP company in the high growth field of wireless power and is emerging as the go-to provider of wireless power solutions for the world’s leading product companies. Spanning across industries including auto, consumer, industrial, IoT, mobile, wearables and more, NuCurrent designs systems and key components for Fortune 500 companies and other industry leaders to enable wireless power transfer in new product releases. The Company supports product teams within large companies to bring wireless power innovations to market faster, with fewer risks, lower costs and better technology, while pushing the boundaries of system performance, charge speed, user flexibility and form factors. NuCurrent is a fabless technology company with a robust network of certified manufacturers and is an active leader in specification development across multiple industry standards bodies. NuCurrent has an energetic, purpose-driven work environment built by phenomenal people who go beyond expectations, are highly curious, deeply innovative and, above all, put customers first.
· Become the next superstar engineer in wireless power by gaining hands on, practical experience delivering products for world-class clients.
· Analyze, simulate, and design mechanical structures for housing and testing wireless power solutions
· Extensive simulation modeling, CAD development, thermal analysis, and materials/part selection will be required
· Under guidance of lead mechanical engineer, be responsible for all mechanical aspects of mechanical product design of wireless power products through the entire product design cycle – from product ideation, spec development to product delivery.
· Validate mechanical designs through the use of sound engineering principles, including CAD surface and solid modeling, software simulation tools (ANSYS Preferred), physical measurements, and worst-case tolerance analysis.
· Work closely with project manager, electrical engineers, electromagnetics engineers, software engineers, and technicians resolving technical issues to ensure timely delivery of products to end customers.
· Engage with outside suppliers and contract manufacturers to coordinate development and delivery of mechanical components and subsystems.
· Use technical knowledge to guide and support sales and marketing staff.
· Brief the company management with achievements and goals on regular basis.
· Contribute to the intellectual property development of the company.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Product design and development starting from product ideation to full production.
· Create detailed device hardware and sub-system specifications and drawings based on user needs, use cases and system requirements.
· Design for manufacturability (Injection molding, CNC machining, Sheet metal fabrication, etc.)
· Generate thermal and air flow analysis using ANSYS ICEPAK or similar CFD/FEA software. Provide guidance to product development for best in class thermal dissipation.
· Perform tolerance analysis.
· 3D print designs using in house printer
· Design for reliability.
· Design for assembly.
· Design test fixtures for testing of coils and PCBs.
· Design FPCs (Flexible printed circuits) to effectively integrate into customers products.
· Provide guidance to NuCurrent customers for easy integration of wireless power into their systems.
PREFERABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Strong background in thermal analysis, specifically ANSYS ICEPAK, with ability to recommend and implement innovative techniques
· Tinkerer mentality
· Inherent vision for product design, from an industrial design standpoint
· 2-5 years of experience in surface and solid CAD modelling using Creo, CFD/FEA (ANSYS required) simulation
· Lab experience and competence in 3D printing, CAD, housing design, PCB Design
· Ability to multitask on multiple projects
· Strong organizational skills
· Passion for innovation