Nuix is looking for a passionate, innovative and experienced UX Engineer to join our growing product design team build the next iteration of our design system. As a UX Engineer in the Product Design Team at Nuix you will be responsible for the vision, build out and ongoing operations of our design system that enables our product teams to rapidly design and build a consistent user experience and interface across the enterprise by providing: components, frameworks, documentation and tooling.
The UX engineer role is integral to our ability to build exciting and powerful tools that are simple to use and gain insights from. You will anchor development activities with a broad view of user experience and design principles. You will think about the customer’s journey over time as they interact with our products and company as a whole. You’ll work as part of a focused team that designs and builds products used world-wide. We are interested in people who have experience building and supporting web applications with a diverse and engaged user base. We desire candidates who work comfortably in an agile environment and with collaborators who are distributed across multiple time zones. We value colleagues who are always willing to do what’s best for our users.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver our design system and drive implementation of our brand in our products
- Design and maintain clean, reliable, and testable shareable components in alignment with best practices and internal standards
- Ensure high quality of web front-end component development, including adherence to UX/UI best practices
- Analyze, enhance, and collaborate on the scale and design of our front-end infrastructure and design system
- Understand business requirements, functionality, and customer needs to create intuitive, feature-rich, and user-friendly experience with new applications and updating existing code
- Optimize and push the boundaries of performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and features of our platform in an agile environment
- Contribute to engineering practices and processes across global teams
What we are looking for:
- Experience in designing, marking up, developing the UI of websites and/or web applications
- Understanding of maintaining multiple versions of packages for multiple projects and understanding building/deploying artifacts for consumption
- Understanding of UX and UI design with an emphasis on maximizing usability
- Front-end skills and understanding of how back-end development works; Tying in services, etc.
- Demonstrate creative, technical and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
- A passion for technology and do not limit yourself to a set of languages or frameworks.
- Have a strong point of view, backed up by experience, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends.