Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Behavioral Health Specialist
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients’ communities, we can help keep them healthy and reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people across the nation. With an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about our mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
The Behavioral Health Specialist is a key resource for Care Teams across a region of Oak Street Health primary clinics. They are responsible for coordinating and supporting behavioral healthcare for our patients, in collaboration with Care Teams and a psychiatric consultant. The Behavioral Health Social Worker will assess the needs of patients, make referrals to appropriate behavioral health resources and specialists, and provide short-term counseling and evidence-based treatments as indicated.
- Collaborate with the primary care teams to identify appropriate patients to refer into the Oak Street Behavioral Health program
- Screen and assess patients for common mental health and substance use disorders
- Develop care plans and provide or facilitate referrals to Oak Street’s psychiatric consultant and/or external resources
- Provide short-term counseling and evidence-based treatments
- Coordinate care with Oak Street’s psychiatric consultant, including warm hand offs for telehealth visits and collaboration on care plans
- Develop relationships with primary care teams and consistently communicate changes in behavioral health care plans
- Accurate and timely documentation of patient encounters and counseling sessions in Oak Street’s electronic medical record
- Participate in regional and organizational efforts to advance Oak Street’s Behavioral Health program through workshops, feedback sessions and surveys
- Other duties, as assigned
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for motivated licensed clinical social workers with:
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Experience and passion for working with behavioral health conditions
- Comfort supporting patients with co-occurring behavioral health and substance abuse issues
- Experience with screening for common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Experience with assessment and treatment planning for common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Working knowledge of differential diagnosis of common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments for common mental health disorders
- Familiarity with brief, structured intervention techniques (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Activation)
- Proficient PC skills
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.