Under general supervision, gathers data for epidemiological investigations of maternal and fetal records related to fetal and infant deaths in Oakland County. Assures consistent and appropriate outcome indicators and metrics are collected and analyzed to inform resource and programmatic decisions, as well as to contribute to identification of evidence-based interventions and effective messaging. Assesses and evaluates client/population needs, related to perinatal risks in assigned area by collaborating with other professionals on behalf of persons and families with known or suspected risks. Participates in community collaboration meetings and presents data. Exercises a considerable degree of independent judgment in planning for and implementing public health nursing services in. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver’s License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Be licensed by the Michigan Board of Nursing to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of Michigan.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for the classification.
NOTE: Applicants who are not licensed by the State of Michigan and who meet the other requirements listed above may take this examination but will not be eligible for appointment until they have been licensed by or possess a valid permit from the Michigan Board of Nursing.