Under general supervision, the Immunization Action Plan (IAP) Public Health Nurse is responsible for implementation of effective strategies while strengthening partnerships with community stakeholders to eliminate vaccine preventable diseases in Oakland County. The Public Health Nurse II – IAP is responsible for maintaining the highest standards in clinical nursing practice and adherence to the VFC model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of Oakland County.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Transcript with award date
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver’s License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Be licensed by the Michigan Board of Nursing to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of Michigan.
2. Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six (6) month probationary period.
NOTE: Applicants who are eligible to be licensed by the State of Michigan and who meet the other requirements listed above may take this examination but will not be eligible for appointment until they have been licensed by or possess a valid permit from the Michigan Board of Nursing.
Volunteer experience may be accepted provided it is equivalent in level and scope to the required experience.