Under general supervision, gathers data for epidemiological investigations of maternal and fetal records related to fetal and infant deaths in Oakland County. Assures consistent and appropriate outcome indicators and metrics are collected and analyzed to inform resource and programmatic decisions, as well as to contribute to the identification of evidence-based interventions and effective messaging. Assesses and evaluates client/population needs, related to perinatal risks in the assigned area by collaborating with other professionals on behalf of persons and families with known or suspected risks. Participates in community collaboration meetings and presents data. Exercises a considerable degree of independent judgment in planning for and implementing public health nursing services. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department-specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Transcript with award date
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver’s License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Be licensed by the Michigan Board of Nursing to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of Michigan.
2. Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this classification.
NOTE: Applicants who are eligible to be licensed by the State of Michigan and who meet the other requirements listed above may take this examination but will not be eligible for appointment until they have been licensed by or possess a valid permit from the Michigan Board of Nursing.
Volunteer experience may be accepted provided it is equivalent in level and scope to the required experience.