The Summer Intern Program is an internship for talented, highly motivated students in the class of 2023. As professional members of our firm, Summer Interns:
· Work in teams to solve high level business problems facing Fortune 1000 clients
· Structure and carry out essential research and data management
· Lead complex quantitative, strategic and financial analyses of corporations and businesses
· Participate on a project team with significant exposure to senior leadership of the firm
· Receive mentorship throughout the program
· Participate in a week of training at the beginning of the summer
· Receive broad exposure to a variety of industries including: Automotive, Aviation, Communications, Financial Services, Energy, Health & Life Sciences, Media, Retail, Surface Transportation and Technology.
Why Join Us?
Come aboard if you are excited by challenges and at ease working across cultures. You’ll find interesting people who speak their minds and measure success not by how many hours are worked but by what gets accomplished.
Immediate impact, continuous challenge
- You’ll work on challenging projects that have a meaningful impact on clients, industries, and societies from day one.
- We’ll ask you to challenge the norm and constantly strive to build something new to shape our firm and the world around us.
- You’ll be a contributing team member from the start, working with senior colleagues and clients to build trust-based relationships and deliver breakthrough impact.
- Your experience will be diverse, with each project offering new opportunities to expand your toolkit and to team with Specialists who have deep subject-matter and technical expertise
- You may have the opportunity to travel frequently; whether this is internationally or in your home-city, no two weeks are ever the same.
Chart your course; we support the journey
- This isn’t a “two-year program” – no artificial barriers stand in the way of your progression.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of industries and capabilities and you can decide to specialize early or leave it until several years in.
- You’ll learn on the job via our apprenticeship model, supplemented by formal training. Much of your initial focus will be on research and analysis, and we’ll support you in rapidly developing your communication, presentation, and client-management skills.
- We care about you succeeding and you will be supported every step of the way. You will be mentored and coached by colleagues at each stage, from partners and other consultants to a dedicated “buddy,” career adviser, and talent manager.
- We believe inspired people with interesting lives make better consultants. We care deeply about sustainable work-life quality and provide for career flexibility with a variety of programs including sabbaticals, non-profit fellowships, and externships.
We hire you to be you
- Our open, inclusive, and down-to-earth culture will enable you to bring your authentic self to work.
- There’s no corporate mold to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way.
- Many of your colleagues will become life-long friends.
We look for initiative, intuition and creativity with a strong background in problem solving and analytics. We do not require a specific academic major or industry experience and we value extracurricular activities and evidence of leading an interesting and impactful life outside of studies/work. One of the best things we can do for our clients and ourselves is to recruit a diverse group of people who bring a broad range of strengths and backgrounds to their roles.
There are a few specific eligibility requirements:
· Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
· Second year undergraduate student (class of 2023)
We are accepting applications for the following U.S. offices. Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. (Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.)
- New York
- San Francisco
To be considered you must apply by Sunday, April 25th, at 11:59pm EST. Your application should include your resume (with GPA and SAT/ACT scores), cover letter, and unofficial transcript.