Job Title: Sales and Events Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is seeking an energetic and detail oriented individual to work with a great team on providing exceptional events to our clients. Under general supervision of the Sales and Events Manager, this position will oversee and coordinate all sales and detailing aspects of events including weddings, corporate functions and some internal events. This schedule can be variable and is based on event demands; in addition, some nights and weekends are required. Holidays may be required based on event demands. Year-round availability required.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Promotes, sells and books events from existing and prospective clients, as well as researches sources for developing prospective clients.
- Makes telephone calls, in-person visits and conducts property tours to existing and prospective clients.
- Be aware of departmental revenue and up-sell at every possible opportunity.
- Responsible for financial results that meet or exceed budget expectations for revenue generation and cost control.
- Manages and maintains a current sales pipeline.
- Manages client relationship through drafting proposals and contracts, responding to client inquiries as well as detailing the event needs to include but not limited to: food and beverage requirements, timing, audio-visual requirements, room set-up and any additional outside vendors.
- Ensure banquet event orders are accurate and provide all relevant information to departments.
- Communicate with the Events Operation Manager for all related event functions and communicate client requests to all necessary departments.
- Ability to work with various functional areas and all levels of the organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Promotes property and company opportunities through personal involvement in community organizations, industry trade shows and sales functions.
- Greets clients upon arrival and ensure client contractual obligations are met.
- Attend weekly catering and events meetings.
- Fill in where necessary to fulfill any duties that are required to make the event successful.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum age of 19.
- Four-year college degree in Marketing, Communications, Event Planning or any other related field preferred.
- Prior experience in event planning and sales is helpful.
- Excellent communication skills in all aspects: verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal and external clients.
- Appropriate, professional appearance and presentation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer knowledge with working experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in both indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Outdoor events will include work in varying weather conditions.
- Physical effort required including the ability to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC