Software Engineer Intern – Corporate Architecture
Oracle University Tech Recruiting
Our future success depends on hiring world-class, early in career talent who are looking to power next-generation services and solutions. We are hiring bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate students with a diverse set of skills and experiences to work in and across multiple teams within the Corporate Architecture organization. Our program is intended to enhance your overall learning experience, help build your network, and accelerate your opportunity to make an impact.
The Corporate Architecture organization develops and delivers core technologies used to build the autonomous, secure, and intelligent Oracle Cloud, private clouds, and hybrid clouds. These technologies enable companies of all sizes to innovate faster, improve customer engagement, drive process efficiency, accelerate digital transformation, and defend and protect every aspect of the enterprise to redefine how businesses compete in a digital world.
Corporate Architecture works with emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented reality, blockchain, IoT, chatbots, and human interface technology. We are also developing other innovative technology, such as core to edge security services, modern cloud native applications, open source database, identity management, open source development tools, secure remote access tools, virtualization, and advanced operating systems. In addition, we build mission critical, ultra-high performance, integrated compute and storage systems with embedded software and management services. Our organization continually looks out three to five years and beyond to define next-generation cloud technologies.
Since security is key to the success of the Oracle Cloud, private clouds, and hybrid clouds, our organization maintains a targeted focus on Global Product Security, Global Information Security, and Global Physical Security. We also provide on-going consulting and worldwide support to all Oracle development groups for Global Trade Compliance and Global Technical Standards to insure Oracle is up to date on global country mandates and industry standards.
Oracle is the world’s leading provider of business software. With a presence in over 175 countries, we are one of the biggest technology companies on the planet. We’re using innovative emerging technologies to tackle real-world problems today. From advancing energy efficiency to reimagining online commerce, the work we do is not only transforming the world of business—it’s helping advance governments, power nonprofits, and giving billions of people the tools they need to outpace change. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit us at oracle.com.
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking elite interns with the expertise and passion for solving challenging unique problems. You will use your knowledge and creativity to design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. You will be writing code, completing programming projects, and performing testing and debugging of Oracle software. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems in a collaborative, agile environment.
What You’ll Bring: (Objective Minimum Qualifications)
To be considered for a Software Engineer Intern position in the Corporate Architecture organization, you must possess the Objective Minimum Qualifications (OMQs) below. Please ensure that your application clearly indicates that you meet these OMQs, either on your resume and/or by uploading additional documents such as a transcript.
- Will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent science/engineering field during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Have completed at least your sophomore year toward your undergraduate degree, or higher, by summer 2021.
- Have no more than 12 months of professional full-time work experience in the technology field (excluding internships, research and/or teaching assistant roles, and military experience). If you are interested in working at Oracle and you have more than 1 year of work experience in the technology field, please apply to Oracle’s experienced job openings. For information on currently open positions at Oracle, please visit http://oracle.com/goto/careers
- Are proficient (i.e., able to complete coding projects with no assistance) in at least one of the following programming languages: C, C++, C#, Java, Python, SQL
- Have completed coursework, projects, internships, and or research in two or more of the following:
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing
- Big Data / Data Structures / Algorithms
- Computer Systems / Embedded Systems / X86 Architecture / Operating Systems
- Distributed Programming
- Multithreaded/Multi-Core Programming
- Object Oriented Design
- Software Architecture
- Attend a university in the US.
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US in 2021.
What We’ll Give You:
High-impact projects: You’ll get the opportunity to directly influence our cutting-edge products. Got a question or idea? Voice it. Your curiosity could help advance our next-generation cloud applications and help us find new ways to apply emerging technologies like AI, machine learning, and blockchain.
Mentors that care: Work with industry-leading experts and award-winning engineers. On top of your project supervisor, you’ll be assigned a peer mentor—a recent hire who can help you navigate the internship experience. You’ll also be paired with intern buddies to ensure 360 degree support and engagement.
World-class training: Grow from once-in-a-lifetime learning opportunities and exposure to the latest technologies. You’ll benefit from comprehensive on-boarding and job-specific training that will help you get the most out of your time with us. Leadership training will help you build your business acumen.
A fun-filled summer: Enjoy a close-knit, community experience alongside your class of fellow summer interns. Our interns work across the length and breadth of our business but come together for fun weekly events like tech talks, networking, volunteering, and fun social happenings.
Getting to know you:
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by law.