Position Title: Intern
Department: Development & Communications
Creation Date: July 2021
Reports To: Director of Development and Communications
Hours: 15-20 (Flexible)
Job Overview: The Development and Communications Intern will primarily assist the Development and Communications team with the various aspects of their work such as: social media content development, writing for the website and newsletter, event planning, content development and photography for development initiatives, prospect research, and other assignments as needed.
● Develop content for both internal and external communications mediums (social media, website, content library, annual report, newsletter, etc.)
● Assist with administration and content of multiple social media platforms – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn – several times a week.
● Assist with managing photo and video library
● Tracking and compiling statistics for social media and website
● Assist with all aspects of event development, planning and implementation
● This does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the position.
● Must currently be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
● Communication skills (oral and written)
● Demonstrates creativity in the development of ideas and content
● Demonstrates good judgment and dependability
● Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
● Interest and experience in communications/fundraising is preferred
● Proficiency in social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs and various social media platforms.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Overbrook School for the Blind (OSB) has, and will continue to follow, a policy of recruiting, employing, and promoting individuals best qualified for any position by reason of education, training, and experience without regard to race, color, ancestry, genetic information, familial or marital status, domestic or sexual violence victimization, ethnicity, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or a related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or non-job-related disability or the use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical disability. OSB shall not discriminate against an individual who has exercised his/her rights against discrimination in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.
Interested applicants can apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Pam McGonigle, Director of Development & Communications at email@example.com