Why Join Us?
Are you looking to join an innovative, global real estate company who builds communities and connects people to exceptional places? If so, we would love to tell you our story. At Oxford, our culture is truly one of a kind.
Across business lines and around the world, we embrace the complex and tackle opportunities with speed and agility. We are ambitious and humble, forward looking and service-focused. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live. We believe that what is good for the environment is good for business. Together we deliver exceptional experiences to our over 2 million daily customers.
Oxford Properties Group is seeking a Full-Time Analyst to join its Investments team in the New York office (start in summer 2022). The Analyst will assist senior team members in sourcing, underwriting, and closing new equity and debt transactions, as well as participate in real estate private equity transactions such as platform / portfolio acquisitions. The Analyst will receive broad exposure across asset classes in major U.S. markets, and work closely with internal teams including leasing, development, construction and asset management.
As a member of the Investments Team, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Underwriting equity and debt investment opportunities across asset classes and capital structures
- Preparing various financial analyses, including cash flow projections, valuation and development models, sensitivity analyses, lease calculations, and budget analyses
- Conducting market and property-level due diligence including the coordination of site tours/broker meetings, review of property level financials, rent rolls, third-party reports and preparation of sales/leasing comps
- Participating in the valuation of Oxford’s existing equity / debt investments and other ad-hoc asset management projects such as analyzing new lease proposals, monitoring asset performance / loan activities and assisting potential disposition decision making
- Preparing presentations for Oxford’s investment committee and investment partners for the review/approval of new transaction opportunities and strategic initiatives.
- Assisting in strategic planning processes, including researching into new asset class / market expansions
- Undergrads (applicants must be a current senior) majoring in Real Estate, Finance, or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.); experience in ARGUS Enterprise software a plus
- Prior experience in commercial real estate preferred
- Strong analytical skills; high level of attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on writing / presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Team player and embraces a collaborative work environment
Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages approximately C$60 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans more than 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With its global headquarters in Toronto, Oxford operates out of over 15 regional offices including New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney. Its long- term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates.
Oxford is owned by OMERS, the defined benefit pension plan for Ontario’s municipal employees. OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.