At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for motivated, smart, hardworking and passionate intern to join the Next-gen Firewall team as a Software Engineering Intern. You will be part of a world-class software engineering team that works on various cutting-edge technologies for the firewall. You will work with a multi-functional team of infrastructure and platform engineers and will be solving challenging problems in the leading Enterprise Firewall platform.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders.
- Learn how next-generation firewalls inspect network packets
- Gain hands-on experience with various automation systems
- Assist with validating different functionalities of the firewall.
- Design, execute and automate test cases based on real world customer issues.
- Have good computer networking knowledge including networking protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Have good scripting skills preferably Python and/or Bash.
- Be knowledgeable in System Administration, Linux is preferred.
- Have good communication and problem-solving skills.
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
The Current Product Engineering (CPE) team is responsible for testing the next generation firewall.
You will be working with our QACPE team to verify fixes for real world customer issues and help deliver high-quality releases to our customers in a timely fashion.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.