The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) recognizes the importance of a new generation of public health leaders who have an understanding of global health issues and the role of international organizations in achieving the MDGs and other health issues. In this regard, the PAHO Internship Program trains young and energetic individuals entering the public health field and interested in providing services to the Organization on a voluntary basis, also known as internships/practicums.
The Staff Engagement and Internal Communication function supports the PAHO Director’s aim of ‘‘taking PAHO forward as a flexible, transparent and responsive Organization”. Key elements of its program area include promoting an environment inductive to staff engagement and developing and implementing internal communication strategies.
- Contribute to the implementation of PAHO’s s communication support to key corporate initiates.
- Support the development of initiatives, campaigns, articles, fact sheets, backgrounders and audio-visual products.;
- Develop communication content for through interviews with personnel from technical and administrative departments, and country offices, participation in meetings and analysis of documents and data;
- Support the management of PAHO’s communication and collaboration platforms;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Very strong writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent in English. Fluency/familiarity with Spanish a strong plus.
- Enrollment in a graduate or in the senior year of the undergraduate program concentrating in a field relevant to PAHO’s work (communication, media studies, journalism, management, business administration or, alternatively, public health) or equivalent mid-career program.
- Minimum of 20 years of age.
- Strong knowledge of information technology. Skills with video and photo production and editing a plus.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, team player.