Who We Are:
Founded in 1971, Pantzer Properties is a fully integrated owner/operator of multifamily assets in highrise, midrise and garden style format along the North East and Mid-Atlantic corridor of the United States. Headquartered in New York City with offices in New Jersey, Philadelphia and Northern Virginia.
Pantzer Properties is based in 8 states throughout the Mid-Atlantic from the Greater Boston area to Florida. Given its longstanding history and depth in the marketplace, Pantzer is one of the largest and most active specialized players in the multifamily space. The Firm has approximately 350 total employees.
- Underwrite and assist in overall financial analysis of potential acquisition opportunities.
- Prepare cash flow models that will be utilized to value real estate investments, including equity and debt.
- Evaluate financing scenarios and provide support for acquisition financing.
- Provide research support utilizing online, internal and external resources. Gather market research and stay current on industry trends. Maintain thorough market awareness in targeted markets through direct research and review of third-party research.
- Prepare investment memoranda for recommended acquisition opportunities. Assist in transaction due diligence by collecting, reviewing, and summarizing property reports as well as other due diligence documents. Assist with transaction closings.
- Maintain contact and relationships with potential deal sources including brokers, owners, and developers.
Asset Management Responsibilities:
- Support Asset Management team with all aspects of monitoring performance of a multifamily investment portfolio.
- Assist in the implementation of property business plans, the preparation of asset valuations and annual budgets.
- Prepare hold/sell/refi analysis.
- Verify accuracy of property operating statements and provide actual to budget variance analysis.
- Facilitate information flow between property management, accounting, and acquisition teams.
- Implement turnaround strategies for any underperforming assets.
- Create presentation materials and communications sent to investors and executive management.
- Oversee and track implementation of capital initiatives.
- Manage revenue optimization and expense control efforts.
- Evaluate the local markets to identify changes and trends, and the related impact on real estate values and investment strategies.
- Participate in the disposition process and assist with due diligence through closing.
- Establishment and maintenance of project files and databases.
- Explore and study our Real Page software so that we can best analyze existing portfolio performance.
- 0-2 Years in the Real Estate industry.
- Preference given to previous employment at a principal real estate firm, real estate brokerage, or real estate investment bank.
- Strong financial modeling skills (candidates should expect a test).
- We’re looking for Pre-MBA candidates. MBA’s will not be considered.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, writing and research skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and proactive.
- Ability to work independently, effectively prioritize, and multi-task under pressure.
- Understanding of the private equity business model and real estate industry.
- Experience with Realpage is preferable.
- Familiarity with the Washington D.C., Philadelphia, and New York Metro Areas is preferable.
- Multifamily asset-class experience is a plus.