Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for The ReDCo Group!
The ReDCo Group, is one of the largest providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral/mental health and intellectual disabilities services in the state of Pennsylvania. At The ReDCo Group, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 700 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 9 counties in the state of Pennsylvania.
A person in this position functions under the working title of Mental Health Worker II. Assignments are varied in nature and are performed under the direct supervision of the Residential Program Director. The Mental Health Worker II provide supervision, support, and structured activities to residents within the Crisis Residential Unit. This position is responsible for completing documentation of daily activities and working with individual residents to achieve his/her service plan goals.
If you’re #readytowork The ReDCo Group is #readytohire!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews client information prior to admission. May accept appropriate admissions.
- Attends required meetings and training sessions.
- Monitors residents while they are taking prescribed medications. Completes medication logs.
- Facilitates and/or co-facilitates individual and group supportive therapy.
- Conducts educational lectures.
- Completes Discharge Summaries.
- Responds to incidences of maladaptive behavior in a responsible manner.
- Contacts Program Supervisor as appropriate.
- Handles face-to-face and telephone contacts for individuals in crises and for individuals who represent or seek assistance for persons in crisis.
- Provides screening, assessment, and crisis counseling which includes supportive therapy, reality testing, problem solving, and/or crisis resolution with the purpose of preventing psychiatric hospitalization.
- Provides information and referral on community resources which include emergency services and psychiatric or medical consultation with the purpose of linking the individual with the most appropriate level and type of service.
- Documents contacts which includes name and address, date of birth, phone number (if applicable), type of service, duration of service, Base Service Unit or Medical Assistance number, Social Security number, disposition, and follow up.
- Completes and processes all other paperwork on program forms.
- Performs related work as required.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acts as the staff lead during shifts, overseeing the Crisis Residential I worker and providing supervision to residents.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position does not require travel
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, rehabilitation, activities therapies, counseling, education or related fields and 3 years of mental health direct care experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, political science, history, criminal justice, theology, counseling, education, or a related field or be a registered nurse; and 5 years of mental health direct care experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing and 3 years of mental health direct care experience
- Registered Nurse license, certified in psychology or psychiatry
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with directly with adult mental health consumers, providing services involving case management, individual or group therapy, crisis intervention, vocational training, residential care or social rehabilitation in a mental health facility or program preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required
- Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to implement plans established for residents and related to individuals in a positive and empathetic manner. Ability to supervise residents and respect resident rights. Ability to read, understand, and abide by all policies and procedures for agency and program.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as simple addition and time keeping. Ability to read medication logs and medication labels to ensure resident adherence to prescribed medications.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, and perform required job duties during emergency situations. Ability to evaluate a crisis situation and determine most appropriate form of intervention i.e. mobile crisis or 911 services.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Mentoring skills
- Ability to work as team member
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
The ReDCo Group is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
• Competitive Salary
• Paid Vacation Days
• Paid Sick Days
• Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
• Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
• Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
• Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
The ReDCo Group is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.