PBDW Architects, a design-oriented, award-winning mid-sized firm in New York City, seeks a full-time Intermediate Architect with experience working on historic buildings to join our team. Our practice spans a wide range of project types including educational, cultural, commercial, and residential and is equally distributed between new construction and design in historic contexts. PBDW provides a collaborative and supportive environment for individuals to excel professionally, offering mentorship and encouraging initiative and growth. We believe in a healthy work-life balance, and we continually strive for an equitable office culture.
- Develop design and construction documents
- Perform field and conditions surveys
- Report writing
- Construction administration
- Delegate tasks
- Independently apply preservation concepts
- Provide technical guidance about materials and specifications
- Coordinate with interdisciplinary teams
- Work independently as well as collaboratively
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture and/or Historic Preservation
- 5-8 years of professional experience in US Architecture firms
- 3 years minimum preservation field experience preferred
- Proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- English proficiency required, both spoken and written
- Legal US work status required
Benefits: The firm offers a flexible, supportive working environment and a full benefits package including health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and paid vacation.
PBDW Architects is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and portfolio (pdf 10MB limit) to Intermediate@pbdw.com.