The Investment Analyst role supports Peachtree and Stonehill’s investing, lending and asset management activities with a primary focus on underwriting, due diligence support, preparing investment memorandums and investor reporting. Along with excellent written and verbal communication, the Analyst must display excellent interpersonal and analytical skills that foster strong interaction with team leaders and clients.
Duties and Functions:
· Screen and underwrite new hotel investment and lending opportunities
· Review offering memorandums, financial statements and other due diligence materials
· Populate proprietary financial models in Excel and prepare valuation analyses for debt and equity structures
· Understand and have the ability to model complex investment structures and waterfalls
· Draft equity, debt, and credit committee memorandums
· Prepare Term Sheets
· Assist with all aspects of due diligence and closing transactions
· Prepare Quarterly Investor Reports
· Support senior team members
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Understanding of real estate finance concepts including DCF, IRR, Leveraged and Preferred Returns, Amortization, Debt Yield, etc.
· Exemplary communications (verbal and written), organization and presentation skills
· Exceptional project management skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
· High degree of initiative and ability to work effectively in teams or independently
· Highly proficient using Microsoft Excel
· Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Collaborative approach with business partners at all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field.
· Hotel real estate experience a plus
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
· Up to 3 years of full-time experience in a related financial underwriting/consulting field
Peachtree Hotel Group operates, develops and invests in premium-branded, full-, select- and limited-service and extended-stay hotel assets under the Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Choice and InterContinental Hotels Group flags. Since its inception, Peachtree has invested in more than $4.2 billion of hotel properties and first mortgage notes. Peachtree’s current portfolio is comprised 160 hotels or hotel backed assets totaling 20,366 rooms, 63 hotels and 97 notes. For more information, please visit www.peachtreehotelgroup.com.