About PearlX Infrastructure LLC
Founded in 2019, PearlX builds, owns, operates flexible infrastructure. For our energy customers, PearlX’s portfolio enables resilience and independence. For our infrastructure investors, PearlX eases capital formation and enables the energy transition. The Company’s mission is to generate long-life current yield for its partners and shareholders. We believe that mission is achieved by selling the most flexible electron with the highest energy margins.
About PearlX Infrastructure LLC Technology
Battery software for Virtual Power Plants (VPPs) has become mainstream, punctuated most recently by the IPO of Stem for $1.35B. Now that these software vendors have demonstrated that batteries installed in people’s homes and at commercial and industrial complexes can replace natural gas power plants, the next phase of software will enable investors and utilities to become completely comfortable relying on them.
Investors and utilities need software to provide real time monitoring and fault tolerance capabilities for VPPs. Hardware and software that power workplaces, homes, schools, and hospitals needs to be rock solid.
This software is not simple, it needs to:
- Orchestrate a large number of components: Virtual Bidders, Portfolio Optimizers, Energy Management Systems, Market Forecasting, and Real Estate Management Systems
- Backtest the output from those components to ensure optimal performance
- Perform A/B testing to validate assumptions
- Model connectivity and transmission issues in a geographically distributed multi-nodal network
We believe that this software will unlock investor interest in the short term, and a developer ecosystem in the long term.
Building the monitoring and fault tolerance layer lets us work with our component vendors to normalize their APIs, building an OS for Virtual Power Plants. That allows interoperability, extensions, and new innovations without our involvement. Imagine a virtual power plant that is aware of a critical data center job, saving enough energy to provide adequate compute.
PearlX is seeking a new breed of data professionals with a passion for clean energy that can cut across disciplines as requirements dictate, blurring the lines between data analyst, scientist, and engineer, with the ability to work across a multitude of projects and contribute across various aspects as well as collaborate with a passionate team in a fast paced environment. This candidate in the near-term will support the day-to-day, tactical activities associated with the growth of the Asset Management and Optimization business of PearlX Virtual and Battery Power Plants as well as be responsible for internal financial reporting, forecasting and analytics. As we evolve and as requirements dictate the candidate will support working with other engineers to build, manage, integrate data pipelines as well as streamline the ETL process, generate actionable insights, and develop external and internal API’s. Knowledge in developing and deploying machine learning models at scale is a big plus.
- Develop/Integrate with software tools to automate financial reporting and compliance
- Provide analytical support for financial project assessments and investor due diligence
- Communicate analytical findings in an intuitive and visually compelling way
- Creating highly visual and interactive dashboards/reports using Business Intelligence tools or custom web applications
- Implementation of large-scale data ecosystems, integration of unstructured and structured data sets, and development of custom reporting while maintaining a high degree of scientific rigor and discipline
- Extract, process and model energy market pricing, project development metrics, and misc. data
- Engineer data pipelines and products to help stakeholders make and execute data driven decisions
- Conducting deep dive analysis and designing KPIs to help guide business decisions and measure success
- Engineering data infrastructure, software libraries, and APIs supporting BI and ML data pipelines
- Architecting cloud data platform components enabling the above
- Building and tracking project timelines, dependences, and risks
- Gathering stakeholder requirements and conducting technical due diligence toward designing pragmatic data-driven business solutions
- Streamlining ML Algorithms and analytical workflows developed
- Backtest and deploy Machine Learning models while contributing towards integrating MLOps and DevOps
- Proficiency (can execute data ingestion to insight) in programmatic languages such as SQL, Python, R
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Familiar with agile development process and methodology
- Familiar with accounting practices and financial reporting
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and Google Business suite
- Familiar with distributed ledger technology and distributed infrastructure technology
- Familiarity with Big Data Technologies
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in quantitative studies including Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or computation-intensive Sciences.
- 1-2+ years of experience as a data analyst or a data engineer
- Competitive salary in a fast-paced, start-up company
- Generous medical, dental and insurance vision plans
- 100% remote position with the possibility of some travel
- Fun, fast-paced, start-up environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
- Python: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Google Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote