We have an exciting opportunity for a Publicity Assistant to join Penguin Random House! The Portfolio/Sentinel imprint is seeking an Assistant to work with bestselling nonfiction authors in the business, self-help, and conservative politics categories. Reporting to a Publicity Manager and a Publicist, he/she/they will assist in the publicity campaigns for non-fiction hardcover and paperback titles, and provides an intensive education in trade book publishing in a fast-paced, fun, and highly collaborative environment.
Our authors are internationally recognized economists, leaders, professors, CEOs, media personalities, and movement starters, and our mission is to help them refine and position their message, build their tribes, and spread their ideas far and wide. You are our ideal candidate if you are a self-starter with a strong interest in current events who would be excited to be at the forefront of the changing landscape of business, work, and politics. You will bring a unique perspective and support the drive of diversity and inclusion into each media outreach and campaign opportunity.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting senior publicity staff with high profile media campaigns for bestselling authors.
- Coordinating mailings, publicity materials, and review copy requests.
- Seeking publicity opportunities across print, TV, radio, and online media for assigned books, with support from supervisors.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with relevant media contacts.
- Working and communicating with authors throughout the publicity campaign, as well as with editors and other internal employees.
- Helping to create publicity and promotional materials, including press releases, pitch letters, postcards.
- Maintaining author media and event schedules, including coordinating travel and hotel accommodations.
- Collaborating closely with marketing and contributing ideas for marketing and social media campaigns.
- Updating and maintaining media lists in publicity databases.
- Performing general administrative duties in collaboration with other publicity assistants, such as responding to general media inquiries, answering phones, tracking press coverage, managing meetings, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Genuine interest in publicity and book publishing, specifically nonfiction
- Prior office experience a plus
- A proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines
- An understanding of social media as a marketing tool
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media
- Knowledge of Publicity Assistant a plus but not required
- Familiarity with business and political reporters, book reviewers, magazine editors, and bloggers a plus
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: NEW YORK
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 95585
Date: Aug 19, 2020
Location: NEW YORK, NY, US, 10019