About the position: Are you a meticulous, intellectually-curious, and driven individual with a passion for evidence-based social justice work in health care? If so, this is the job for you! The Research Assistant will report to the Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) and assist the CRC in providing strategic support for multiple Community Health Worker (CHW) care teams in our temporary remote model and embedded in inpatient and outpatient settings as we return to in-person work later this year. This position is full-time and benefits-eligible.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1) Identifying and enrolling patients eligible for the IMPaCT intervention.
- Use the UPHS electronic medical record to identify high-risk patients who meet the criteria to receive the IMPaCT intervention as part of their routine care
- Introduce the IMPaCT program to eligible patients at Penn Medicine and affiliated outpatient clinics and collaborate with CHWs to enroll patients into the intervention
- Ensure accurate documentation and data entry for all patients
2) Quality improvement and ongoing research study support.
- Screen, recruit, and enroll participants in research and quality improvement studies, including timely follow-up as required by protocol
- Ensure accurate documentation and data entry for all study participants
- Assist in identifying routine potential problems and communicating with appropriate member of the research team: CRC or Principal Investigator (PI)
- Assist with preparation and submission of regulatory documentation to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) including continuing reviews, amendments, and adverse event reporting
- Adhere to all regulatory guidelines and requirements from the University of Pennsylvania IRB and Office of Research Services, study sponsors, FDA, and other entities as required
- Demonstrate vigilance in patient safety, protocol compliance, and data quality
3) Data collection and reporting support.
- Assist in measuring outcomes of IMPaCT patients using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Support CRC in developing reports of these outcomes for internal and external audiences
- Assist with grant-writing based on pilot results, conducting literature reviews, and preparing scholarly manuscripts and presentations