Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?
The Ambulatory RN II will responsible in performing the following duties:
* Care for patients in all adult age groups from young adults to geriatrics, including assessment and management of the patients. Works closely with all members of the practice.
* Promote organizational values of patient and visitor satisfaction by demonstrating courtesy and respect for patients and their families, visitors and other employees.
* Demonstrate competence in the care of patients served. Hours may be adjusted to meet the operational needs of the Department.
The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Ambulatory Nurse II position description addendum. The Ambulatory Nurse II Organizational competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. Assigned patients may range in age from infancy to the elderly. The Demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork
The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague works closely with the inter professional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients
Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing, at time of hire.
• Must have more than 15 months relevant professional nursing experience and completion of the Nurse Residency Program, if applicable, at time of hire.
• Must possess active Pennsylvania RN License, at time of hire.
• Must possess active BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association at time of hire.
• Telephone triage/My Penn Medicine Messages
• Perform Nurse visits for hypertension program and other population health mgmnt programs
• Integral member and clinical lead for innovation projects
located on the 2nd floor West pavilion in the Perelman Center
– Our hours are M-Fr 830-5
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life’s Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.