Development Manager: Position Available
Pennsylvania Voice’s Development Manager will be an integral member of the team to ensure the organization’s financial health is strong and growing. The Development Manager will report to the Executive Director. We are looking for someone who is passionate about fundraising and development work.
About Pennsylvania Voice: Pennsylvania Voice (PA Voice) is a statewide network of 35 organizations committed to creating a fair and just Pennsylvania by making our democracy more accessible, inclusive, and representative. Pennsylvania Voice works with our partners to employs the principles of collective impact, unifying change agents from different sectors around common goals to strengthen our democracy, building the capacity of partners with shared resources, and amplifying the voices of communities of color.
A small team of experienced organizers/strategists staff Pennsylvania Voice. Staff support, facilitate, and build relationships between state leaders representing 35 distinct organizations around four specific program areas:
· Civic Engagement: Creating year-round integrated voter engagement campaigns to increase voting, voter registration, and participation in civic life among all Pennsylvanians and specifically Black, Indigenous and communities of color.
· Civic Access: Modernizing elections to make voting more convenient and fully accessible to all.
· Civic Representation: Restoring true representation to our state’s democracy by building on the 2020 Census to engage communities in the redistricting process and work for community driven maps.
· Racial Equity: Creating more opportunities for to support Black, Indigenous, and People of Color leadership development.
This work is grounded in our shared commitment to racial and gender equity.
The Development Manager is responsible for the following specific responsibilities:
Institutional Giving (50%)
· Manage the full grant cycle across all institutional funding including: Drafting and submitting case statements, letters of inquiry, proposals, budgets, and reports.
· Assist the Executive Director (ED) in developing engagement plans to cultivate prospects.
· Support outreach and maintain correspondence with key Foundation representatives.
· Coordinate meetings with appropriate PA Voice program staff and foundation officers.
· Oversee the production and filing of all donor related material.
· Maintain the grants calendar and funder records to track meetings, and internal and external deadlines.
· Research, identify, and quantify new funding sources; introduce ED to new prospects at appropriate time.
· Meet established deadlines.
Individual Giving (20%)
· Manage the tracking of Annual Giving, grassroots campaign; and analyzing giving trends to identify potential major gifts. This would include providing oversight for annual renewal efforts and looking for upgrade possibilities.
· Identify potential acquisition sources; including via the VAN, and other research to identify and quality new funding sources, then introduce ED at appropriate time.
· Assist the ED in developing engagement plans to cultivate and steward prospects and donors.
· Support outreach and draft correspondence with key individual donors.
· Coordinate meetings with appropriate PA Voice program staff.
Compliance and Forecasting (10%)
· In concert with finance and ED, monitor progress on active grants.
· Ensure fidelity between external-facing proposal budgets and internal budgets used to manage grants.
· Prepare budget to actual reports and narratives for funders in collaboration with ED and/or Finance.
· In concert with Finance, track contributions and open pledges to draft income projection and re-forecasts.
Reporting and Stewardship (10%)
· Track all grants in existing spreadsheets and CRM software; maintain all data on PA Voice network; and ensure that all reports, renewals, and other tasks are submitted in a timely and professional manner.
· Keep all search aggregators, e.g. GuideStar update to date.
· Ensure that donors are acknowledged appropriately for their level of support and put stewardship plans in place for major gifts of $1,000 and higher.
Admin and Special projects (10%)
· Prep development reports for board meetings.
· Provide support on audit and monthly reconciliations.
· Support website updates and monthly email updates to stakeholders.
· Other duties as assigned.
We seek candidates who excel in communication and development, build strong relationships, are results-oriented, are excellent problem solvers, and have strong project management skills.
Specifically, you will bring:
• Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity.
• Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
• Comfort interacting with stakeholders of all levels and roles including partners, funders, and staff.
• Previous experience in development, fundraising, and major gifts and/or foundations.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, implement, and manage systems.
• Experience managing multiple projects and meeting multiple deadlines while also being able to communicate when things need to change.
• Must be able to work independently, as a team leader, and as part of a team.
• Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines.
• Experience with donor management or CRM software such as Every Action, NGP, Salsa, would be ideal.
• Willingness and aptitude to learn new technical skills.
• Experience with digital fundraising using social media and email programs a big plus.
• Has at least 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
Compensation: Depends on experience and is highly competitive. Salary range is $67,000 -$72,000 with excellent benefits.
Pennsylvania Voice is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to Erin Casey, Executive Director at email@example.com Please no phone calls.
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, at which time the job announcement will be removed from our website, www.pavoice.org/jobs
Pennsylvania Voice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Pennsylvania Voice encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, people with records of arrest or conviction, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply. Pennsylvania Voice hiring process will comply with Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Standards (“Ban the Box”) ordinance.