Join one of the most inventive and forward-looking FQHCs in the country. Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking Therapist to work in our well-established pediatrics practice in Bangor, Penobscot Pediatrics. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in increasing access to truly integrated primary health care services for all children in our region. Partner with families and other providers to promote timely access to care, continuity of care, and the enhancement of child and family well-being. LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, Psychologist with counseling experience welcome.
This position works with patients up to 18 years of age, modeling a psychosocial multi-disciplinary integrated approach to providing quality patient care.
Schedule: Monday-Wednesday/Friday 8-5, Thursday 8-6
- Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- Highly innovative programs and research options
- Brand-new, beautifully renovated Pediatrics Building on campus
- Housed alongside Center for Speech and Audiology
- Engaged and supportive patient population
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed leadership
- Flexible schedules supportive of work/life balance
- Generous compensation and benefits
- Medical student loan repayment & relocation assistance
Penobscot Pediatrics: Penobscot Pediatrics, one of Maine’s leading pediatric groups for 30 years, is the state’s largest and most comprehensive pediatric practice. Part of Penobscot Community Health Care, a non-profit organization governed by a board of community volunteers, PCHC is comprised of sixteen practices and program service sites in the Greater Bangor area, in Old Town, Belfast and Jackman. At Penobscot Pediatrics, our Board-Certified Pediatricians, Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, and Pediatric Mental Health practitioners offer a wide-range of services for the wellbeing of children:
- General Outpatient Pediatrics – Early childhood development screenings, routine well-child visits, immunizations and vaccinations, nutrition education and physicals for sports camps and school.
- Psychiatric, Family Therapy, Mental Health, and Substance Abuse Services (for PCHC patients)
- Pediatric Dental Care available at PCHC Dental Center
- Speech Therapy and Audiology (Service provided by the professionals at Warren Center For Speech and Hearing
Penobscot Pediatrics has been awarded the highest level of Patient-Centered Medical Home Certification.
Bangor, Maine: Live in a historic, riverside city just half-an-hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own International airport. It’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.). Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make the Greater Bangor Region highly desirable for professional families.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today! You can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send CV and Cover Letter to
207-992-9200 ext. 1402