Work with a creative team of arts marketers to produce dynamic and engaging multimedia content. The Digital Media Assistant reports to and supports the Director of Digital Media & Graphic Design, and works closely with the full People’s Light marketing and communications team. The position’s primary responsibilities are to create and coordinate digital content such as videos, graphics, photography, and e-blasts to support the external marketing, fundraising, education, and programming communications at People’s Light. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is a must, with videography and/or photography experience strongly preferred. This position requires excellent writing and proofreading skills; a love of language and the arts is key. The ideal candidate will be ready to jump in and tackle a variety of projects in a fast-paced, independent, and creative environment.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that will not exceed 40 hours per week. Flexible work hours Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends. While the People’s Light administrative staff is currently working remotely due to COVID, this position will ultimately be in-person, with the flexibility to work remotely when beneficial. This position is entry-level, with opportunity for advancement within the department and/or organization. Compensation is $30,000/year plus full health benefits and paid time off. After one year in the position, People’s Light will begin contributions into our employee pension plan.
We will shape this position to the strengths and interests of the candidate. Responsibilities might include:
- Coordinate and create digital marketing and communications assets for all People’s Light initiatives and programming.
- Act as marketing and communications department’s primary photographer and/or videographer as needed.
- Create promotional trailers, graphics, and other multimedia content.
- Assist with graphic design.
- Attend marketing meetings and participate in brainstorming.
- Participate in organizational and cross-departmental meetings as needed.
- Assist in website management.
- Create and/or support the creation of marketing emails.
- Assist in social media content creation and/or management.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Director of Digital Media & Graphic Design.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A commitment to Equity and Inclusion.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite required.
- Videography and/or photography experience strongly preferred.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO.
- Experience in email and/or social media marketing.
- A background in graphic design or visual art is a plus, but not required.
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy, and best practice.
Please note, we do not expect a candidate to have all the skills or experience listed above.
Department: Marketing and Communications
Start Date: June 2021 Exact start date is flexible.
HOW TO APPLY
Via the online form linked below, please provide your resume, cover letter, references, and work sample(s) that demonstrate your proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite. Work samples can include a portfolio of video, photography, graphic design, and/or other multimedia or visual art. We welcome a brief writing sample, though this is not required. In the absence of a writing sample, we will refer to your cover letter. Please provide two preferred references along with their contact information (please note that People’s Light staff may contact references prior to first interviews). Applications are due May 23, 2021.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.