EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
People’s Light, a LORT D theater located outside of Philadelphia, seeks an entry-level staff accountant. Now in its 47th season, People’s Light is a nationally recognized civic and cultural center with an award-winning theatre company at its core. Located in Chester County, PA, People’s Light has a wholly owned subsidiary, The Farmhouse at People’s Light, a for-profit catering venue and restaurant.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for accounts payable and cash flow tracking, as well as providing other analysis and support as directed.
- Process weekly accounts payable and maintain vendor files
- Calculate and process bi-weekly pension and life insurance policy payments
- Track cash flow weekly using bank statements and update monthly to match to general ledger
- Assist with the coordination of the annual audit and tax form filing
- Prepare annual 1099-misc forms
- Process bi-weekly payroll for Farmhouse staff
- Assist Director of Farmhouse Operations with accounting procedures
- Ensure compliance with internal costing and budgeting policies Initiate improvements to procedures as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Finance & Operations
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- College degree required. Bachelors or Associates in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- One year accounting experience and knowledge of GAAP required, non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience with general ledger software preferred. Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- Attention to detail, the ability to exercise discretion and strong organization skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, strong communication skills and problem-solving abilities are all necessary.
- A commitment to Equity and Inclusion.
The Staff Accountant salary is $40,000. Benefits will include the following:
- Medical/dental/life/disability insurance plans (employee coverage 100% funded)
- Defined Contribution Plan through TIAA-CREF
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
Deadline to apply is September 24, 2021.