Performance Trust Capital Partners is seeking to build its intern class of 2020! We are targeting rising seniors to join us for eight weeks next summer, and participate in a dynamic, educational program. We offer a collaborative environment and provide real world, hands-on financial services experience.
As an Intern, you will gain exposure to Sales, Trading, Analytics, Investment Banking, and Capital Markets. You will have the opportunity to research fixed income securities and present on them weekly. Senior leadership is accessible, so you will be able to learn from experts in the field. Here is what you will do next summer:
- Develop a broad knowledge base related to factors that affect the performance of fixed income securities, including mortgage backed securities, municipal bonds and agencies (treasuries, bullets & callables)
- Understand the principles of bond portfolio strategy and management
- Learn the critical elements of our bond analysis methodology, bank balance sheet analysis and our firm’s business model from dedicated mentors and through formal training sessions Support daily sales and trading activities
- Work on projects related to new product development, client relationship management, business intelligence, scenario analysis, research and presentation development
- Gain proficiency in Bloomberg fixed income applications
- Attend client seminars presented by subject-matter experts
Education is at the core of our client relationship strategy. Developing and sharing our methodology for assessing risk/reward alternatives is key to our ability to add value for our clients. We extend that same commitment to the education and professional development of our intern analysts.
Our summer intern program is focused on students who have completed their junior year. We are looking for evidence of structured thinking and analytical problem solving skills. Candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills, a self-motivated entrepreneurial attitude and a passion to seek out ways to add value in a highly collegial environment. Our intern program is 8 weeks duration, from mid-June through mid-August.
Headquartered in Chicago, Performance Trust Capital Partners was founded in 1994. We are a privately held institutional fixed income broker/dealer, investment advisory and asset management firm with over 270 employees. Our core business was established to help institutional investment professionals and other financial decision-makers understand and apply a disciplined analytical framework to evaluate potential risks and rewards embedded in complicated fixed income securities. Our professionals use proprietary portfolio management tools and methodologies based on bond mathematics to help source securities for our clients that support sound investment strategy and maximize returns. We also advise bank CEOs and Boards on matters of capital structure, M&A and balance sheet decision-making to increase their enterprise value and shareholder wealth. We are avid proponents of intellectual honesty, intellectual curiosity, evidence-based debate and critical thinking that, we believe, produces an investment approach superior to the conventional wisdom and imprecise conjecture that often causes investors to under perform. Our culture is grounded on four attributes: Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork and Results.
Virtual interview information:
Meeting ID: 359 490 7609
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 (US)
+852 5808 6088 (Hong Kong)