We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team creates simple, transparent and inclusive products that build good habits and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 7 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a one of a kind, river-front office. The space inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it! We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one. It sets the standard for relaxed, collaborative work that encourages our team to follow their curiosity and draw their own map to a successful career.
We are proudly backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and detail oriented Accounting & Finance Specialist to join our team. We manage the planning, reporting, and operations of Perpay’s finances. As a key contributor to this team, you will work closely with our Accounting, Finance, and Analytics functions to plan out and report on various metrics, business needs, and ad hoc requests.
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
- Perform several day-to-day and monthly accounting activities including bank reconciliations and adjacent reporting
- Assist in maintaining the general ledger
- Take on various projects and analyses as presented by the Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Accounting and Finance
- Building communications with internal and external stakeholders, including Perpay Department Heads and vendors.
- Engage in process improvement efforts to streamline financial planning and budget management procedures for heightened efficiency and accuracy
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Excel skills e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP etc.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization
- A startup and results-driven mentality, being willing to go the extra mile and roll up your sleeves
- Strong project management capabilities
- A self-starter; you are enthusiastic, excel at taking initiative and enjoy working with white space
- A stickler for details; you are organized, attentive, and focused
- A positive force; you are optimistic, high-energy, and confident
- A chameleon; you welcome and thrive on change
- A rising star; you dream to continuously grow and develop
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Pre-tax Public Transportation benefit
- Relocation assistance
- Student loan company match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience at one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country in both e-commerce & fintech working cross functionally.
This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.